Be a ‘Band-It‘ with these resistance band exercises focusing on legs, shoulders, back and chest…
Warm up: run 400 meters (or 1 lap around track), 25 push ups
Workout: (videos below)
- 20 reps chest press
- 20 squat jumps with lower back pull (back pull not shown)
- 20 lat pull downs
- 20 lunges with shoulder press (shoulder press not shown)
- 20 side steps (20 on each side)
- core; 2 minute planks (beginners 1 min)
- repeat 3 times; Make sure to select the proper band width: adv use a thicker tube, beginners use smaller width
Have fun today and Band-It!
- Rock the Band 8/27/09
- Super Set: Chest & Back
- ‘Escape to Witch Mountain’!
Warm up: 100 yard sprints, repeat 5 times
Exercise 1 - 30 Jumping Squats, take 30 seconds rest and repeat 5 times.
Exercise 2 - Planks; front 30 seconds each, Left Side for 30 seconds, Right Side 30 seconds; repeat entire set of planks 5 times
Each day is a new day and a chance to face your challenges. What would you do if you knew you would not fail?
Remember the 80’s hit song by Salt n Peppa “Push It” as you push till you can’t push no more in this workout!
Warm up: 20 burpees, 20 jumping jacks, 20 shoulder rolls and run 400 meters (1 lap around the track)
- Push Press; Men 135 lbs, Women 45 – 65lbs
- On the minute with a continuous clock running you add an extra rep every minute.
- Example 1st min 1 rep, 2nd min 2 reps, 3 min 3 reps… keep going until you can not do the amount of reps within the minute. For example 10 mins and you cant finish 10 reps your max number is 9.
Related PostsRead More
We are focusing on partner work again today in this double fun workout!
Warm up: 1 mile jog/run
- Box Jump with the Medicine ball; Men 24 inch box holding 20 lbs medicine ball, Women 18-24 inch box holding 6-15 lbs medicine ball
- In this exercise you and your partner will start at 1 and work up to 20. One partner does odd numbers while the other does even numbers. Complete 1-20.
You – Your Partner
and so on…
“The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think.”
- Edwin Schlossberg
Related PostsRead More
This workout will be about intestinal fortitude and perseverance. “Never leave anyone behind” is a belief amongst the combat military and public safety forces in America. Stick with your partner and motivate them to go beyond they’re capabilities and in 20 minutes of this buddy work out you will get your heart pumping and more importantly respect our armed forces for their comradeship!
Warm up: 400 meters jog (1 lap around the track), 25 push ups, 20 mountain climbers, 20 triceps dips (if outside use the curb)
- 400 meters run/sprint; 200 jog and 200 sprint (or half track jog, half track sprint)
- 35 push-ups after each 400 meters
- 400 meters; lunge straight way and jog curb
- In this exercise each partner will run together 400 meters; jog and sprint, then complete the push ups and lunges together.
- Do as many – 400 meters sprints as possible in 20 minutes.
Quote for Today - ‘Semper Fi’; Semper Fidelis is Latin for “Always Faithful” and is the motto of the United States Marine Corps.