I’m not much of a cook, but I’ve been trying to seek out healthier recipes that my entire family can enjoy. Yesterday, I attempted some organic chocolate cookies with whole wheat. They were AWEFUL! So, that recipe is not the one I’ll share for today. Here is a really tasty Asian chicken salad that even my picky eaters gobble up at dinner time.
* 1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
* 1/3 cup rice vinegar
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
* 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
* 2 teaspoons white sugar
* 1 clove garlic, pressed
* 1 (8 ounce) package bow tie (farfalle) pasta
* 1/2 cucumber – scored, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced
* 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
* 2 diced Roma tomatoes
* 1 carrot, shredded
* 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh spinach
* 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
* 2 cups diced cooked chicken
* 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. To make the dressing, whisk together the ginger root, rice vinegar, orange juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soup mix, sugar, and garlic until well blended. Cover, and refrigerate until needed.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the bowtie pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, and rinse under cold water. Place pasta in a large bowl.
3. To make the salad, toss the cucumber, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, carrot, spinach, mandarin oranges, chicken, and almonds with the pasta. Pour the dressing over the salad mixture, and toss again to coat evenly. Serve immediately. ENJOY!
You hear it all the time in the news, this celebrity or some other famous person claims to have lost weight with yoga, but can yoga really help you lose weight? The answer is yes and there are a couple of ways how.
Practicing any type of yoga will
It seems that I am not invincible, not that I ever really thought I was. But over the last few weeks, I’ve developed a sore throat and cough that I just can’t shake. Fortunately, after a trip to the doctor’s office, I found out that although I do have a respiratory infection, after some antibiotics, [...]Read More