Fusion Kick Fit will be teaching a class at the Finger Lakes Yoga Festival from 2 to 3 pm on Friday, August 2010 held at Greek Peak Mountain Resort, Cortland, NY. Fusion Kick Fit will be introducing our unique blend of cardio kick boxing routine, functional sports movement and Yoga/Tai Chi inspire cool down to the 1st annual yoga lover and fitness enthusiast attendees.
Please wear comfortable workout clothing and bring a water bottle, stability/resistant band (if you don’t have one, no problem I have extras) and yoga mats/towel for core workout.
Resistance bands are an inexpensive and highly effective way to add another dimension to your core training and strength workouts….
Resistance Band Tips:
- Posture: Resistance-band exercises will have you focusing on a certain muscle group, but don’t forget about the rest of your body…
- Movement: Each movement with the resistance bands should be slow, gentle and controlled. Never let the bands snap back into place, but rather, softly guide them…
- Maintenance: Keeping your resistance bands in optimum shape will help you get the optimum workout. They should be stored loosely so they keep their shape in an area out of direct sunlight….
To take advantage of this fantastic 2 for 1 offer.
Bring a friend to one of our personal training session and get 2 training session for the price of one!
This offer is perfect opportunity to grab a friend or family member and you both can experience an intense calories burning, stress relieving and invigorating workout.
Sign Up Today!!
Offer Expire February 15, 2010Read More
I must have at least 2 dozen books on martial arts fitness/boxing/kick boxing workout books. There are several I just read and never go back to. There are a few that are like my Bible that I go back to every so often to improve on my offering for clients and martial arts students.
The Gleason’s Gym Total Body Boxing Workout for Women: A 4-Week Head-to-Toe Makeover is one of these books that I go back to every so often. I don’t agree with all their stances and footwork but there are lot of good nuggets in that book that I culled into my Cardio Kick Boxing Class.
Check out chapter 3 on how to “Live Right” by following sensible food plan. If you are interested in working out just like a boxing you came to the right place. Check out The Ultimate Focus Mitt Workout Personal Training Session
More info about this book:
Roca and Silverglade break down all the boxing basics, from how to make a fist and how to stand, to more advanced boxing moves and various ways of jumping rope and include a nutritional plan to maximize results. “The Gleason’s Gym Total Body Boxing Workout for Women” offers the ultimate workout for women who want to look their best, feel their best, and be their best.
World-renowned trainer Hector Roca and owner of Gleason’s Gym (an icon in the world of boxing), Bruce Silverglade, have published boxing secrets for women in The Gleason’s Gym Total Body Boxing Workout for Women. This book outlines a step-by-step program that promises to get any woman into knockout shape in just four weeks.
I found this book to be well done. It has a 4-week workout schedule with three workouts per week. I am on the third week and not only are my arm muscles developing, but they glow when I finish a workout and I feel great. This is a full-body workout – you don’t stand still and push your arms around. In addition to 3-minute round-style combo punches and defense, you jump rope and do strength exercises (push ups, crunches, flutter kicks). The instruction is well-illustrated and the book does a great job of motivating you. This can be an intense workout, but you’ll feel stronger after each one. You really need to put your all into the workout – no half-hearted punches, and no cheating!
More info about American Oldest Boxing Gym
- Gleasons Gym – From School of Hard Knocks to Yuppies with Guppies – http://vanishingnewyork.blogspot.com/2008/03/gleasons-gym.html
- White Collar Boxing – http://dackman.homestead.com/files/Gleasons.htm
- History of Gleasons Gym – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleason%27s_Gym
- Gleason’s Announces Second Annual Master’s Clinic and Show (timesunion.com)
- Storied boxing institution Gleason’s Gym staggered by bad economy
Do you make the same fitness resolutions year after year? People often pledge to start an exercise program, get back on track with a program they resolved to start last year, or raise the intensity of their current exercise program. Unfortunately, many of these good intentions don’t last past February.
Here’s some advice on making your exercise goals attainable and sustainable in the New Year. If you want to make lasting changes, there are three things you can do to make your resolutions work all year long by:
- adjusting your attitude
- changing your lifestyle
- coming up with a plan for success.
But the realities is that most people will never, ever get the results they want without a coach. Get a coach this new year and finally get the results you deserve.
This year Fusion Kick Fit will help you obtain your new year resolution by introduction “The Ultimate Focus Mitt” workout. We will work with you one on one to help you achieve your fitness goal this year.
Now you can relieve stress and work on your cardio and muscular endurance by hitting the focus mitt. For most people, the most enjoyable part of the Fusion Kick Fit program is hitting the focus mitt. Use the same non-contact workout program that boxers use to get a complete fitness routine for the whole body.
The Ultimate Focus Mitt Workout will blow your mind. With the extra level of challenge and variation, you’ll never get bored – and that’s the key for you to obtain your fitness goal for 2010. Follow this program and you will raise your stamina and endurance which will result in extraordinary health benefit.
Start your personal training session with a light calisthenics warm up. After which, you will proceed to hit the focus mitt for about 2-3 minutes, with a 45 second rest in between each round. You will add one or two new things to the routine. For instance, you might start with jabs the first round. Then you introduce the right hand to the second round, and mix up some combination. The third round you might add some ducking. And so on.
After the invigorating focus mitt workout you will move on to our core training routine. The final 5 or 7 minutes of a workout can be the most challenging. You have a number of options, depending on your goals: stretching, abdominal/core work and arm strengthening exercise.
Finally cap your workout with our proven moving mediation routine, a unique blend of cool down stretches from yoga and deep breathing exercises from Tai Chi.
Get a great full-body workout that relieves stress and gain lean muscle. Cut your training time in half and get twice the results this year.
You deserve it.
- Fitness Boxing – The Ideal Cross-Training Alternative By Mike Bresnahan – Published in 2003
Get in Shape for the holidays with our Fusion Kick Fit Program!
Spend seven weeks in our fitness program getting to a stronger, healthier, sexier NEW YOU.
Get stronger than you’ve ever been before. Achieve your dream dress or pant size while gaining strength, flexibility, endurance and energy. This is a life-changing experience!
Announcing a brand new time: 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm Monday & Wednesday
Get things going with an exciting and energizing workout! At Fusion Kick Fit, we know how important it is to stay motivated to workout. Our program is Safe, Effective, and most of all, Fun. We incorporate so many different types of exercises in our proven system, that it’s almost impossible to get bored! Most of all, anyone can do it, any level of fitness, any age.
Unlike treadmills and bicycles our classes will keep you interested and engaged without having to learn complicated dance moves or confusing step aerobic routines! But it doesn’t stop there. We rely on our “ABC’s” of fitness, Aerobic Conditioning, Balanced Nutrition and Core Strength Training, as our guide for success. Regular attendance and total commitment to the nutrition guidelines required for best results.
Fusion Kick Fit is starting our Fall Exercise class on Monday Nov 2, 2009 @ 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Here are the dates:
- November 2, 2009
- November 4, 2009
- November 9, 2009
- November 11, 2009
- November 16, 2009
- November 18, 2009
- November 23, 2009
- November 30, 2009
- December 2, 2009
- December 7, 2009
- December 9, 2009
- December 14, 2009
- December 16, 2009
- December 21, 2009
The total cost for our engaging, high burning calories workout classes is only $84 for our Autumn session. If you can only participate 1 day a week, no problem – the fee will be only $55
We look forward to seeing you in next amazing workout session.
- Celebrate Daylight Saving Time With a Morning Workout (fitsugar.com)
- Exercise keeps dangerous visceral fat away a year after weight loss, finds UAB study (scienceblog.com)
- Pros and Cons of the Stationary Bike (fitsugar.com)
This DVD contains 3 twenty minute workouts that focus on upper body, lower body, and the core which you can do together or separately. Each workout is comprised of intervals of both strength and cardio moves that are done for a minute each. Generally, for every four strength exercises, there is one cardio move that follows. Each are fairly tough going but very effective. All you need for this workout is a pair of light hand weights and you are good to go. This workout is intense!! Jackie’s motto is “you can do anything for a minute!”. The only thing is that you do one exercise for one minutes and IMMEDIATLEY go onto the next one which is HARD but thats why its so intense. All the exercises can be made more simple (for beginners) or stepped up a notch (for the over-achievers).
Upper Body Workout
You start out with a short warm-up with arm circles and boxer twist, then you get into the workout.
- Bent Over Rows (back)
- Rear Delt Fly (delts)
- Cardio (30 sec each): Jumping Jacks & Ski Bunny
- Modified PushUp (Chest)
- Kneeling Kickback (Triceps)
- Lateral Raise & Front Raise (shoulders) – you alternate between one one arm doing the lateral raise and the other lifting to the front.
- Cardio: Boxer Twist
- Alternating One Arm Row (back)
- Hammer Curl (biceps)
- WV(basically a shoulder raise in a different position)
- Transverse Fly (shoulders)
- Cardio (Knee-to-Elbow)
- Fly & Press (chest)
- Skull Crusher (triceps)
- Lateral Raise (shoulders)
- Military Press (shoulders)
- Cardio (Speed Bag)
- Finally a much deserved cool down.
You start out with a brief workout including core rotations, squat with wood chop, overhead squat. In this workout they all workout together and Jackie mostly goes around and gives excellent form pointers but she does the moves sometimes, too. Renessa shows a modified beginner version of the move and Jesse sometimes shows an advanced version. You do each move for one minute. There are a few stretches interspersed throughout, because your abdominals will be sore.
- Clam (The soles of the feet are together with knees out, as you crunch)
- Plank (you hold it for one minute)
- Cardio: Mountain Climber & Plank Twist (30 sec of each)
- Figure Eight (while sitting on the floor you lean back slightly and alternately clap your hands under each leg)
- Side Plank Rotation (30 seconds on each side)
- Cardio: Torso Twist
- Straight Leg Tap
- Penguin Heel Tap (really targets the obliques)
- Cardio: Half Burpees
- V-sit Extend & Flex
- Side Roll
- Plank Variation
- Cardio: Fast Bicycles
- Finally, a much deserved stretch
Lower Body Workout
You start out with a warmup mainly using a half range of motion: little pulse squats, side lunge, front lunge, backward lunge. Again, you do each of the moves for 60 seconds, and hand weights can be used on most of the exercises.
- Front Lunge
- Box Squat
- Cardio: Frog Hop & Shuffle (30 seconds each)
- Plie Squat
- Backward Lunge
- Drop Step
- Cardio: Jump Lunge Shuffle & Military KneeUp (30 seconds each)
- Sumo Squat
- Front Diagonal Lunges
- Sumo Squat with Drop Step (the drop step is basically a curtsy squat)
- Cardio: Knee Up Jog & Squat with Side Kick (30 seconds each)
- Reverse Scissor(lay on your stomach and kick your legs over each other)
- Three Quarter Kick (similar to a Donkey Kick)- 60 seconds on each side
- You finish off with a nice lower body and back stretch.
I would recommend this product to anyone. There are modifications for the more difficult/challenging exercises if you are not in shape. And modifications to make the exercises more challenging if you are in shape. The three circuits offer a complete body workout. The DVD has a great pace with great tips to ensure you are doing the exercises correctly.
Often times, the lack of personal time to exercise combined with the special summer treats catches up with us in the form of a few extra unwanted pounds.
Once the summer is over, we find ourselves wondering how they are going to recover from the ice cream sundaes and barbecues of the summer.
The American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes of physical activity for adults each day. It may sound like a lot, but with planning and preparation you can make this school year the year of health and fitness.
Here are some suggestions for your no-excuses back-to-school plan:
- Just Say No: many of us get ourselves involved in too many activities, leaving little time for ourselves. Think of exercise as a personal time to relax and not a burdensome part of your schedule. Would you cancel a massage at the spa (gasp!)? Learn to say “no” when activities conflict with your personal fitness time.
- Think Ahead: Have a map of what you’re going to do and for how long on your exercise days and then block out that time on your calendar just like you would a lunch date with a friend. Make it more difficult to back out by prepping your workout clothes or gym bag in advance or meet a friend at your favorite group exercise class.
- Get Personal: Put aside time (and money) so that you are prepared to work out on a consistent basis.
- Be Realistic: Don’t lie to yourself by marking your calendar every day with a lengthy exercise routine when you know you’ll probably only fit it in three times per week.
Let us help you get in the best shape of your life. Take your workout to the next level with our invigorating exercise routine that combine cardio, resistant training, sport yoga, core and meditative breathing.
Join our group class now for only $97 for 15 sessions of head to toe workout.
Bonus special: If we have 20 or more participants sign up, we will offer 2 extra classes a week. Absolutely FREE!!
Sign up your friends and relatives now!!
Contact us for more info.
Fill out the contact form and we will response to your inquiry within 48 hours or call us @ 315.398.8354
I recently picked up a book entitle Women’s Health Perfect Body Diet: The Ultimate Weight Loss and Workout Plan to Drop Stubborn Pounds and Get Fit for Life (Hardcover).
I must have at least 4 dozen books on Fitness, Health and Exercise/Workout related books. So I have seen or read a lot of fitness/health related books. Some books have more substances than others. Some are too dry for my taste and read like a medical/college text books, while others are full of fluff. In any case, I am always reading, researching and learning on how to provide the best fitness and wellness service to my clients.
This book is by far one of the best book I have encounter in a long time, especially for my female clients. The book is divided in 3 sections. Each section is very well written and researched.
I am especially impressed with the section on Workout/Exercise Section entitles -Perfect Movement. I highly recommend this book to anyone of my clients to pick up and use as a guide and resource book for their pursuit of wellness. I was able to pick mine up at Big Lots in Geneva, NY last week for $5. One of the best $5 I have ever spent.
I hope to blog more about this book in the next couple of weeks.
- Get fit with the Women’s Health perfect body diet
- The WH Perfect Body Diet – Article
- The Women’s Health Perfect Body Diet – Article
We are continuing with the Fusion Kick Fit Program at the Clyde-Savannah School District. Class will be held 2x week at the Clyde Elementary School. Classes are on Monday and Thursday from 3:45 pm to 4:45 pm. We are expecting at least 10 participants to work out with us. I would like to thank Renda and Karey for helping us organized and setting up this session.
Once, again we hope to get the teacher’ at Clyde-Savannah School District in great shape and enjoy all the benefits of a good workout.
Flickr photo courtesy of WhatNotRead More