Check out this great article by Self Magazine on danger of dating strangers while on vacation
At one point, as a single woman, you likely met a handsome, charming guy on summer vacation. Then, when he asked you out, you had this debate in your head: He’s cute. But I know zip about him. And that Natalee Holloway case really freaks me out. He’s just so charming. And kinda looks like Brad Pitt. But, really, he could be a total creep. Decisions… decisions…
To make sure we all play it safe this summer, we’re going to follow these rules from Tina B. Tessina, Ph.D. (a.k.a. Dr. Romance), psychotherapist and author of The Unofficial Guide to Dating Again. You should too.
- Don’t get hammered.
- Bring a friend along.
- Go someplace safe.
- Know your emotional limits.
- Don’t look at yourself through your date’s eyes.
- Look for integrity.
- Be very consistent and careful about your sexual safety.
- Know the signs of emotional blackmail.
Resistance bands are an inexpensive and highly effective way to add another dimension to your core training and strength workouts….
Resistance Band Tips:
- Posture: Resistance-band exercises will have you focusing on a certain muscle group, but don’t forget about the rest of your body…
- Movement: Each movement with the resistance bands should be slow, gentle and controlled. Never let the bands snap back into place, but rather, softly guide them…
- Maintenance: Keeping your resistance bands in optimum shape will help you get the optimum workout. They should be stored loosely so they keep their shape in an area out of direct sunlight….