Ladies! This is a really fun album, and it makes a great gift for your girlfriends. I bought it on the recommendation of a friend who has just started a new workout program. Actually, I find I’m enjoying it while driving. The lyrics are empowering for women. It’s a great gift for women/girls of all ages.
I bought this album as a gift for a friend who is always trying to lose weight…and then got hooked on the songs myself. This is a great gift for a friend…or for yourself…regardless of your weighty aspirations.
This music is so much fun for those inspiring to lose those extra lbs.
And, who knows, it might even have a subliminal effect…listening may lead to extra weight loss.
I think these tunes would be perfect for working out (catchy beat, great vocals, etc.), but I am keeping my dics in my office for frequent play to have a nice, gentle reminder of the various joys of staying the weight-loss/fitness course. I feel like the CD serves as a personal coach of sorts, but it’s a heck of a lot cheaper!! The lyrics are hilarious. Not preachy, condescending, or in any way belittling. It’s all feel good and fun.
Skinny Songs are fun. I’m always looking for great music to put on during my workouts and these songs are terrific; the best workout music I have ever purchased!
For me, having fun, catchy songs to stay motivated during a workout is critical. The lyrics are right on target and the variety of music styles can suit any mood or taste. This is a great CD!
Positive, fun and motivating songs guide you nicely from “Who the hell is that?” to “Skinny Jeans”. The lyrics remind you on the way why you want to be slim and what to do to get there.
I enjoyed especially the no guilt approach, a just do it inspiration…
- Professional Widow [Armand's Star Trunk Funkin' Mix] – Tori Amos
- America (I Love America) [Full Length 12" Vocal Mix] – Full Intention
- For the Love of You [Tony Moran Club Mix] – Jordan Hill
- Bomb! (These Sounds Fall into My Mind) [Original Mix] – The Bucketheads
- Heartbeat [E-Smoove 12" Mix] – Jimmy Somerville
- Close to You – Fun Factory
- Boss [Kenlou 12" Mix] – The Braxtons
- Once in a Lifetime Love [Def Mix] – Robin S.
- Make My Body Rock (Feel It) [The Basic Mix] – Jomanda
- Never Get Enough [Junior's Deep Factory Mix] – Waterlillies
- Tonight Is the Night [Fluid Mix] – Le Click
- Everybody Be Somebody [Back in the Days Mix] – Ruffneck, Yavahn
It’s a great “hop on the elliptical trainer and check out” disc. Nicely paced and a good mix of music that was current when it came out. I still enjoy this on occaision, years later.
….This CD is right there, though. Very blood-pumping.
I understand the previous reviewer’s concern about tracks he doesn’t recognize, but that just means he didn’t spend much time in clubs during this period (I did but I don’t anymore!). I do agree that it’s not too conducive to working out, but it’s a great dance CD. The songs by Tori Amos, Full Intention, The Bucketheads, The Braxtons, Waterlillies and Ruffneck all placed high on the Billboard Dance Chart, most going to #1. The Fun Factory, Jimmy Somerville and Le Click tracks were all club staples then, too. If you love mid-’90′s era dance music, you’ll love this.