This DVD contains 3 twenty minute workouts that focus on upper body, lower body, and the core which you can do together or separately. Each workout is comprised of intervals of both strength and cardio moves that are done for a minute each. Generally, for every four strength exercises, there is one cardio move that follows. Each are fairly tough going but very effective. All you need for this workout is a pair of light hand weights and you are good to go. This workout is intense!! Jackie’s motto is “you can do anything for a minute!”. The only thing is that you do one exercise for one minutes and IMMEDIATLEY go onto the next one which is HARD but thats why its so intense. All the exercises can be made more simple (for beginners) or stepped up a notch (for the over-achievers).
Upper Body Workout
You start out with a short warm-up with arm circles and boxer twist, then you get into the workout.
- Bent Over Rows (back)
- Rear Delt Fly (delts)
- Cardio (30 sec each): Jumping Jacks & Ski Bunny
- Modified PushUp (Chest)
- Kneeling Kickback (Triceps)
- Lateral Raise & Front Raise (shoulders) – you alternate between one one arm doing the lateral raise and the other lifting to the front.
- Cardio: Boxer Twist
- Alternating One Arm Row (back)
- Hammer Curl (biceps)
- WV(basically a shoulder raise in a different position)
- Transverse Fly (shoulders)
- Cardio (Knee-to-Elbow)
- Fly & Press (chest)
- Skull Crusher (triceps)
- Lateral Raise (shoulders)
- Military Press (shoulders)
- Cardio (Speed Bag)
- Finally a much deserved cool down.
You start out with a brief workout including core rotations, squat with wood chop, overhead squat. In this workout they all workout together and Jackie mostly goes around and gives excellent form pointers but she does the moves sometimes, too. Renessa shows a modified beginner version of the move and Jesse sometimes shows an advanced version. You do each move for one minute. There are a few stretches interspersed throughout, because your abdominals will be sore.
- Clam (The soles of the feet are together with knees out, as you crunch)
- Plank (you hold it for one minute)
- Cardio: Mountain Climber & Plank Twist (30 sec of each)
- Figure Eight (while sitting on the floor you lean back slightly and alternately clap your hands under each leg)
- Side Plank Rotation (30 seconds on each side)
- Cardio: Torso Twist
- Straight Leg Tap
- Penguin Heel Tap (really targets the obliques)
- Cardio: Half Burpees
- V-sit Extend & Flex
- Side Roll
- Plank Variation
- Cardio: Fast Bicycles
- Finally, a much deserved stretch
Lower Body Workout
You start out with a warmup mainly using a half range of motion: little pulse squats, side lunge, front lunge, backward lunge. Again, you do each of the moves for 60 seconds, and hand weights can be used on most of the exercises.
- Front Lunge
- Box Squat
- Cardio: Frog Hop & Shuffle (30 seconds each)
- Plie Squat
- Backward Lunge
- Drop Step
- Cardio: Jump Lunge Shuffle & Military KneeUp (30 seconds each)
- Sumo Squat
- Front Diagonal Lunges
- Sumo Squat with Drop Step (the drop step is basically a curtsy squat)
- Cardio: Knee Up Jog & Squat with Side Kick (30 seconds each)
- Reverse Scissor(lay on your stomach and kick your legs over each other)
- Three Quarter Kick (similar to a Donkey Kick)- 60 seconds on each side
- You finish off with a nice lower body and back stretch.
I would recommend this product to anyone. There are modifications for the more difficult/challenging exercises if you are not in shape. And modifications to make the exercises more challenging if you are in shape. The three circuits offer a complete body workout. The DVD has a great pace with great tips to ensure you are doing the exercises correctly.